postheadericon About PPL Licensing in the United Kingdom

If you have a restaurant, a cafe, a night club, or any other venues where people usually gather and enjoy entertainment, your place is considered a public place. If you are letting your customers enjoy music performance, box office movies, karaoke, and the like at your place, you are exhibiting the performance of certain copyrighted and trademarked materials in public area. If you do that without previously obtaining license that allows you to legally do that, you have infringed the copyright of those materials. For this reason, before you plan to exhibit those materials at your place, you have to make sure that you have obtained public performing license, or PPL. This ppl licencing is required whether you perform those materials yourself or you command someone, such as a hired artist or singer, to perform those materials.

If you want to request public performance licensing in the United Kingdom, the first thing that you must think about is whether or not you really need such licensing. Remember that public performance licensing is only required if you perform a particular copyrighted material at a particular place. There are several places where such licensing is required, such as indoor sporting venue, a place where performance or live music event is carried out, discothèque, and karaoke venue. If you perform that material at a church, you may not need to request such licensing. However, if the performance is outside of acts of worship, you may still need to request such license.

If you think that such licensing is necessary, you can start contacting local authority to retrieve it. It may take up to 28 days to get such license issued and there is a possibility that your request will be objected. Therefore, consult the authority to figure out all necessities that you have to comply with in order to make yourself eligible to receive that license.

Comments are closed.